In line with the latest government guidance, Dorking Halls is ready to welcome customers back.
Cabinet Member for Leisure, Councillor David Draper said: “We are excited to open our doors again and offer film lovers a safe and stress-free way to enjoy the big screen experience. We know our customers will be delighted to come and watch films with us again; it’s just not quite the same watching films at home. To welcome everyone back, we are running a special offer. Until Thursday 23 July, all cinema tickets will cost £6.50, and £5.50 for Friends of Dorking Halls.”
- The entire building will be deep cleaned before it opens. On opening, regular and particular attention will be paid to touch points throughout the venue, including toilets.
- To reduce the number of touch points, the venue will not accept cash payments.
- Seating plans have been changed to ensure filmgoers can safely social distance and there will be fewer people at each screening.
- To reduce the number of people in the building, customers are asked to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the advertised film start time.
- The cinema will be thoroughly cleaned in-between film screenings.
- Perspex screens have been installed at the box office and cafe/bar to enable physical distancing
- The cafe/bar will only be open to those using the cinema and the cafe seating area will be closed. Cinema snacks will be available, but not fresh or hot food.
- There will be a Social Distancing Champion to greet visitors when they arrive and answer any questions.
- Visitors will be required to use hand sanitiser when entering the venue, and follow two-metre social distancing at all times. Reminders will be placed throughout the building. There will also be a one-way flow system in place to aid social distancing.
- The toilets will be cleaned regularly and have social distancing measures in place.
- All staff have received comprehensive COVID-19 training.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
For the full list of safety measures, visit dorkinghalls.co.uk/safety.
The films being shown in the first week will be Trolls World Tour, Onward, Military Wives, The Invisible Man, Little Women, Wild Rose and 1917.
To book cinema tickets, visit dorkinghalls.co.uk or call 01306 881717.